Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tip #2 - Life CAN be inevitable

If there is anything I learned from this past weekend (other than that I love my bff), I learned that no matter how much you prepare for things, some thing in life can be inevitable. For example - I booked a bff weekend for myself and my best friend (shout out to Rimi) to New York city and the day before we were to leave I had my VAC appointment (Visa Application Centre) to get my biometrics taken (fingerprints/facial recognition) in order to finalize the process for my UK visa application. Well - knowing my luck (I don't have a ton it seems), they had to keep my passport for 10 business days while it gets stamped by the British High Consulate in Ottawa for my visa. That being said - we had to cancel our trip and opt for a road trip to Montreal instead as I couldn't leave the country obviously without my passport.
So - how did I feel? Hm....well, pretty much like someone hit me with the bad luck stick, a bad best friend because NYC is awesome and very angry because I read all of my visa application documents from front to back (twice) to ensure I didn't miss any information about this so-called hijacking of my passport for 2 weeks. Yes - I was relieved that it wasn't lost (as I thought so at first) but then disappointment, anger and sadness set it in right away. The weekend still ended up being great because Rimi and I know that wherever we go, it's always a fun time...and it was. I've enclosed a few pics from the trip. :)
But now - panic is starting to set in because I have another trip booked to Boston with Jonny Boy next Thursday that potentially will also have to be canceled which is also very devestating. It's all hanging on the good luck fairies - IF they really do exist as it doesn't seem that I have one. Just makes me a tad nervous with this bad luck gene when I'll be traveling the world and living in some foreign place for the next two years...sigh.

So - the lesson learned? Not sure if it's a lesson or not because all I really learned was that, unfortunately, no matter how well prepared you are for life, sometimes you get thrown curveballs at you unexpectantly and you just have to opt for plan B and make the most of it.

Here's hoping I don't have to opt for plan B for the Boston trip....fingers, toes and everything else crossed. :s

Rimi waiting in the lobby for her condo offer!      Tribute to my team - vive le Canadiens!
                                           our hotel lobby - chi chi fou fou :)
  this is how the quebecers roll - keg in tow.
great way to end the wknd - takeout in bed :)
driving past my homeland. trix got some km's this wknd. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you best friend and wouldn't have changed anything about this weekend-it was perfect. And NEVER ever say you are a bad best friend because you are the sweetest most caring best friend anyone could ever dream of. I love you so much xoxo. Snasaa snasaa xoxo

    ReplyDelete