Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tip #4 - Keep in Touch

This past weekend my beautiful and loving best friend threw me a wonderful going away party - Toronto style. Throughout my 7 years living in Toronto I have accumulated many awesome friends and it was great to say goodbye to them last Saturday. (pics below) For those who could not make it, I apologize but try to stay in touch!!






I've learned in life that keeping in touch with the friends that count is important. Many people come in and out of your life and not to say I haven't had great times with those who I'm not close with anymore but I've always been the type of person to maintain relationships with those who understand that no matter the distance and the length of time between visits and emails we will always pick up where we last left off. I've never been the type of have one solid group of friends because I've never really stayed long enough in one place to have that. Instead, I have a collection of many different types of friends and I would never change that. I may not have a huge group of friends like others but I like it that way. Instead, I have friends through sports association, friends through work, friends from my childhood/school and friends through random moments in life...and it's amazing.
I'm looking forward to increasing my list of friends in my upcoming travels and I'm sure I have many great memories ahead of me but I know that the one thing I promise myself is to keep in touch with my friends back home while I'm abroad. This blog is one channel but I - Shannon Landreth vow to stay in touch as much as possible with all you - my friends and family - so that when we meet again, it's like I just saw you yesterday...but maybe I'll have an Irish or British accent instead. (yes, that would be amazing) It's so easy these days to keep in touch with the ones you love because technology allows us to. I embrace it everyday whether it be through text, email, fbook, phone, etc. So - Tip #4 - KEEP IN TOUCH because going through life with no friends, family and a lifetime of good memories can be depressing!! And always remember - any type of relationship (family, friendship, romantic) is a TWO-WAY street. SO - yes - my friends and family - I expect to hear from you too!!

On a side note - I just got word that my passport is now at the Irish Embassy getting stamped. My departure date is 7 days away - fingers crossed I won't have to move it but at least I'm steps away from having my documents back in MY hands!

Until then - Family thanksgiving/going away party this wknd (including special guest - my bff and new Baby Pearl), my Stratford going away party (can't wait) and PACKING. :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment